APPLICATIONS MANAGER FOR NANO S AND BLUE
Ledger Manager is like a free app store, from where you can make updates, install and uninstall applications on the Nano S and the Blue. It doesn't manage your coins or launch your accounts applications.
- If you own a Nano or a HW.1, you can't and don't need to use this Manager application, because your device can only manage one application, the Bitcoin wallet one.
- If you own a Nano S or a Blue, here is how to install it. Ledger Manager is a Chrome extension. You can download and install it on Google Chrome browser from here. If you ever want to uninstall it, paste this address chrome://extensions/ on your Chrome browser, scroll until you find the Ledger Manager and click on the bin icon.
First, install the Ledger Manager (requires Chrome browser or Chromium), and launch it
Then connect your Nano S or your Blue, enter your PIN, and stay on the dashboard. For each action made with the Ledger Manager, a confirmation will be required on your device as a signature.
INSTALLATION OF THE APPLICATIONS
- To install an application on your device, click on the green bottom arrow icon, and confirm the installation when required on your device.
- To uninstall an application on your device, click on the bin icon.
UPDATE OF THE APPLICATIONS
To update your applications, you need to uninstall the application, and reinstall the new version.
You can update the firmware of your Nano S from this Ledger Manager by following this tutorial.
The "Unable to install app" error message on your Ledger manager is displayed for several issues:
- when there is not enough space on your device to install a new application, as your device memory is limited. Please go to this page to know more
- when the application you want to install is yet installed on the device. To update the app, uninstall it first.
IF THE LEDGER MANAGER DOESN'T OPEN
- If the Ledger Manager doesn't launch when clicking on Launch App button from the Chrome plugin screen, check that you aren't already running another Ledger plugin. If that is the case, quit the other plugin and retry.
- If your Ledger manager is launched but doesn't open, don't forget to connect your Ledger device and to enter your PIN code