The Ledger Nano S and The Ledger Bue manage Expanse (EXP) tokens. It works on Windows (7+), Mac (10.8+), Linux or Chrome OS. It requires Google Chrome or Chromium, and one USB port to plug your Ledger Nano S or your Blue. it doesn't work on Android and iOS.
If you have a Nano S, it must be updated to 1.3.1 firmware at least.
The Nano and the HW.1 don't support Expanse.
- install the Expanse application on your device via the Ledger Manager
- Launch the Ledger Manager (click to see how to install and use it if you don't have it installed yet)
- Connect your Nano S or your Blue, enter your PIN, and stay on the dashboard.
- Click on the green bottom arrow icon near the Expanse logo
- Confirm the installation when required on your device (If you read "Unable to install application" error message it can be displayed for several issues described here.)
- Quit the Ledger Manager
- Open and set your Expanse application
- Open the Expanse application on your Ledger device
- Enable the "Browser support" setting:
ON A NANO S
- scroll with the right button to find the "settings", press both buttons to open them
- scroll with the right button to find the "browser support", press both buttons to open it
- select YES by pressing both buttons to disable the browser support
ON A BLUE
- tap on the top left menu
- disable the "browser support" by taping on it to make the slider displayed in grey
- Open your Expanse wallet on MyEtherWallet
- go to https://www.myetherwallet.com/
- click on the "Send Ether & tokens" tab
- select "Ledger Wallet" on the menu "How would you like to access your wallet"
- select EXP (Expanse.tech) in the Network scroll menu (top right corner)
- click on the "Connect Ledger Wallet" blue button
- Then a popup window opens
- The Expanse derivation path used by Ledger shall be selected by default. If it is not, select m/44'/40'/0'/0 Network: Expanse
- select the address you want to manage
(you can display more addresses at the bottom of the window)
- Click on "Unlock your wallet"
HOW DOES IT WORK
MyEtherWallet is a free, open-source, client-side interface. From this account manager, you can send and receive Ether and token transactions, and check your balance. This service is not provided by Ledger, but you can use it without any security problem as your private keys always stay protected inside the Ledger device.
For each sending transaction, the application will ask you to verify it on your device: your device will display the amount, recipient address and gas rate you will have to manually sign, by confirming on the device that everything is alright.