To make Bitcoin transactions, you can choose between 2 tabs n the Ledger Wallet application: "Send" and "Receive"
- the "SEND" tab is the menu where you can create a sending transaction by:
> filling in the amount and the recipient address
> or filling in the recipient address only, if this address is already set with an amount + the recipient address
- the "RECEIVE" tab is the menu where you can find your Bitcoin address to provide to a payer. You can choose to
> send the displayed address
> or fill in the amount you need to receive: this step will edit your receiving address, the payer will just have to paste it without the amount
In the Ledger Wallet Bitcoin, you may have noticed that each time you click on "Receive" to provide your Bitcoin address to a payer, your Bitcoin address changes.
My Bitcoin address changes: HD Wallet
Ledger Wallet Bitcoin Chrome application manages multiple addresses on the same account as it supports Hierarchical Derministic (HD) protocol, a security and privacy feature. So each time you want to receive bitcoins, it generates a new address always pointing to your own account. Of course, each address remains active and yours, if you need to use them more than once. Each transaction will be displayed on your application.
How to manage your receiving addresses
As long as an address has not received some coins, it will still be displayed in the "Receive" tab. You can't force to change this address in this application.
To find all your used Bitcoin addresses, you can use this tool:
- Launch https://goochain.net/ledger on your Chrome browser
- Launch your Bitcoin Chrome application
- Connect your device and enter your PIN code
- On Nano S and Blue only: Open the Bitcoin application on the device
- This window automatically opens:
- click on "Confirm" and wait until the confirmation process
- When this message displays:
go back to the https://goochain.net/ledger tab
- Click on "Access your read-only" wallet
- Goochain then displays the whole list of all your used Bitcoin addresses