Bitcoin can be managed with all Ledger devices:
- Ledger Nano
- Ledger HW.1
- Ledger Unplugged
- Ledger Nano S
- Ledger Blue
If your device is not initialized go to https://www.ledgerwallet.com/start and follow instructions.
Once your device is initialized:
To manage your Bitcoins, you must launch the Ledger Wallet Bitcoin Chrome application. If you didn't install it yet, here is the way to do it: in your Chrome browser, install the application here.
To find your Bitcoin address (required to receive a payment),
- Launch your Bitcoin Chrome application on your computer
- Connect your Ledger device
- Enter your PIN code
- For Nano S and Blue only: Open the Bitcoin application on your device.
Make sure the browser support is set on NO.
- Click on "Receive", a popup opens
- Copy the "Bitcoin address" which is displayed
Please note that your Ledger wallet generates a new address each time you want to receive a payment, thanks to the Hierarchical Deterministic (HD) support. Each address generated by your wallet is yours forever, you can use them several times or just once at your convenience, it won't cause problems - even if it may be safer to use each address only once.
- Paste this address where you are required to (in the Bitcoin wallet from where you need to send coins to your Ledger wallet)
While receiving payments, your Ledger device can be disconnected as your transactions are tracked on the Blockchain. These transactions will be synchronized on your wallet when you open it.