Ripple (XRP) can be managed with Ledger Nano S and Ledger Blue. Nano and HW.1 only support Bitcoin.
If your device is not initialized go to https://www.ledgerwallet.com/start and follow instructions.
Once your device is initialized:
To manage your Ripple, you must launch the Ledger Wallet Ripple application. If you haven't installed it yet, follow this guide.
To find your Ripple address (required to receive a payment),
- Connect your Ledger device
- Enter your PIN code
- Open the Ripple application on your device
- Set "Browser support" to "NO" (disable this setting)
- Launch the Ledger Wallet Ripple application on your computer
- Click on the down arrow (receive)
- Copy the address which is displayed
- Paste this address where you are required to (in the Ripple wallet or exchange service from where you need to send coins to your Ledger wallet)
- You may be also required a "tag" to send a payment on your Ledger device. This tag is generally required by Exchange services, but it is not useful to set a specific one to receive some XRP on your Ledger Wallet. You can fill in this field with the number you want (no text, only numbers), between 0 and 4294967295. You can put 0 for example.
- If this is your first transaction that you receive on your device, the ripple protocol impose that you send at least 20 XRP to initialize it. Otherwise the transaction will fail.
While receiving payments, your Ledger device can be disconnected as your transactions are tracked on the Blockchain. These transactions will be synchronized on your wallet when you open it.