Zclassic and Zencash are not supported: you can only manage Zcash coins on Ledger's products.
With your Ledger Nano S and/or Ledger Bue you can manage Zcash (ZEC) token. It works on Windows (7+), Mac (10.8+), Linux. It requires Google Chrome or Chromium, and one USB port to plug your Ledger Nano S or your Blue. it doesn't work on Android and iOS.
The Nano and the HW.1 don't support Zcash.
To create and launch your Zcash wallet:
1. install the Bitcoin (and altcoin) application on your computer via your Google Chrome browser
- In your Chrome browser go to https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ledger-wallet-bitcoin/kkdpmhnladdopljabkgpacgpliggeeaf
- Click on the "Add to Chrome" blue button
2. install the Zcash application on your device via the Ledger Manager
- Launch the Ledger Manager (click to see how to install and use it if you don't have it installed yet)
- Connect your Nano S or your Blue, enter your PIN, and stay on the dashboard.
- Click on the green bottom arrow icon near the Zcash logo
Confirm the installation when required on your device.
Quit the Ledger Manager
If you read "Unable to install application" error message it can be displayed for several issues described here.
3. Once these apps are installed, to open your Zcash account, just:
- Open your Zcash application on the device itself
- Disable the "Browser support" setting of this Zcash app
Zcash > Settings > Browser support
ON A NANO S
- scroll with the right button to find the "settings", press both buttons to open them
- scroll with the right button to find the "browser support", press both buttons to open it
- select NO by pressing both buttons to disable the browser support
ON A BLUE
- tap on the top left menu
- disable the "browser support" by taping on it to make the slider displayed in grey
- Launch the Bitcoin Chrome app on the Chrome or Chromium browser on your computer
- The wallet synchronizes and opens
For each sending transaction, the Ledger device will ask you to verify the details of your transaction (amount, fees, address) before confirming. Press right button on the Nano S, tap on the Blue.
Zcash works on the Bitcoin wallet as they are both tracked on the same blockchain.
HOW DOES IT WORK
This application is an account manager, where you can send and receive Zcash transactions and check your balance.
The only way to open it is to connect your Nano S or Blue, make your PIN code and launch the Zcash app on your device. Without the device, the app won't launch.
For each sending transaction, your application will ask you to verify it on your device: your device will display the amount, recipient address and gas rate you will have to manually sign by confirming everything is alright on the device.
The Ledger Wallet Zcash automatically updates.