If your Nano S screen is stuck on displaying "Update", it means that something - probably a network failure - blocked the update procedure before it was completed.
Please follow this guide to fix your issue:
- In your Chrome browser go to chrome://extensions
- Click on the bin beside the Ledger Manager to uninstall it
- Go to github/Ledger
- Download the chrome-app.zip file and extract it
- Restart the Chrome browser
- In chrome://extensions/ , activate the "Developer mode" in the top right corner
- When it appears, click on "Load unpacked extension"
- Download the extracted "chrome-app" folder
- Once installed, launch this new application
- Connect your Nano S
- In this new Ledger Manager launched, go to "Firmwares"
- then click on the "Firmware" grey button
- And follow the instructions on the device to complete the update
- Once everything is done, uninstall this custom application on Chrome extensions and deactivate the Developper mode
- Re-install the Ledger Manager application on Chrome.